Trigger Camp & Cabin
A true pioneers camp in spirit, Trigger Camp remains a gift to hikers, bikers, and horseback riders who need a comfortable place to call home after traveling over the many mountain passes that surround it. Innocently tucked along the shores of Trigger Lake, this camp is rustic, but none-the-less complete with service, warmth and all the promised comfort. Trigger Camp offers the perfect spot to rest, re-fuel and re-charge with more vigor to continue your exploration of the South Chilcotin.
Location: Shores of Trigger Lake
- Cozy beds complete with sleeping bags and pillows in one of 5 fully outfitted canvas tents
- 3 meals including welcome appies, a delicious and hearty dinner and breakfast, and a lunch for the trail
- A camp host to prepare all meals, maintain camp, and make sure camp is ready and welcoming when you arrive
- Camp wear including Fleece jackets to keep you warm in the evenings & Croc footwear to let the feet breathe
- Fully outfitted main cabin for dining, warming/drying, and gathering – complete with woodstove, lights, and full kitchen
- Outside fire ring for gathering and enjoying the wilderness evenings
Price: $250 per person/ night
Single day adventure:
- Rain Jacket/ wind layer – depending on the weather
- Shorts (and Chamois for biking)
- Merino or synthetic bottom layer (weather dependent)
- Merino or synthetic short sleeve shirt
- Merino or synthetic long sleeve shirt
- Extra insulation layer – weather dependent
- Hat/Toque for wearing against the elements
- Hydration Day pack. Must be large enough to fit a lunch/snacks and personal items
- Bear Spray
- Helmet (not full face) for biking or hiking poles depending on tour
- Sunglasses – photochromic preferred
- Personal Medication/Toiletries
Multi day tour:
- All items necessary for single day adventure
- Sleeping Bag Liner and pillow case (Sleeping bags supplied)
- Light Puffy Jacket or appropriate insulation layers
- Change of clothes and sleep wear as desired (clean chamois, shirt, socks)
- Camp Towel (light travel towel)
- Personal Toiletries/Medications
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Hat/Toque for wearing against elements and sleeping
Please remember to advise us of any food allergies or health concerns that we should know about. Due to our remote camp locations it is important to provide this information before your trip.
What’s Included when staying in our backcountry camps:
- A camp host to set up and maintain camp.
- A cozy bed in our backcountry camps (indoor cabin available at Eldorado, wall tents in all other camps)
- 3 meals including a hot dinner and a hot breakfast prepared by our camp host, and a packed lunch for the trail.
- Safe filtered or treated water is available in camps to fill your hydration packs and bottles.
- Sleeping bag & sleeping pad, pack only a sleeping bag liner or sheet.
- Fleece jackets to help keep you warm in the evenings.
- Crocs footwear to wear while in camp.
- Outdoor showers with biodegradable soap available in our 3 main camps (Spruce, Eldorado, Bear Paw).
*At Spruce Lake camp only; take advantage of our 3 fishing boats to head out onto the lake for some of the best fishing in the park.
**At Eldorado Cabin only; soothe your tired muscles in the wood-fired sauna after a long day on the trails.
This is a peek at some of the menu items you can expect while at our backcountry camps. We pride ourselves on serving hearty, healthy, home-made delicious meals from the comfort of our camp kitchens. Please know that our camp menus will be catered to meet the needs of dietary restrictions, and this information will be attained during the booking process.
Oats w/ assorted toppings including maple syrup, brown sugar, dried fruit, nuts and fresh fruit compote
Eggs served w/sausage, bacon and potatoes
Pancakes served w/ bacon, fresh fruit, and maple syrup
Fresh brewed coffee, tea and juice
Multigrain bread/wrap prepared with meat, cheese, veggies, hummus ….
Sports bar, fresh baked good, pepperoni and nuts
Warm 7-layer mexi dip served with chips and hydrating fruit drink
Charcuterie plate served with assorted breads and crackers and hydrating fruit drink
Homemade chili and cornbread served with green salad and finished with chocolate decadence for dessert
Lentil curry with rice served with a speciality salad and homemade baked desert
Salmon with lemon dill sauce, roasted potatoes and salad finished with fresh fruit pie
(Beer, Wine and Soda can also be purchased to enjoy at each camp. Drink orders must be placed upon booking.)
” Thank you for everything from the organization to execution. Your team nailed it!”
” I had an amazing time! I never realized how beautiful the Chilcotin are! We enjoyed the guides, horses and the food! Really great experience!”