- Your choice of a scenic floatplane flight to an alpine lake to start, or run into the park via a local trail head.
- 3 to 7 days of running and exploring remote and fun mountain trails.
- Some walking to reach the top of mountain passes. Depends ultimately on length of your trip and routes taken – see FAQ’s below.
- Experienced, friendly and professional guide/s.
- All healthy and nutritious meals from lunch on the first day to lunch on the final day.
- 2 to 6 nights double occupancy accommodation in our backcountry camps.
- Unbeatable mountain vistas and stories for a lifetime.
What’s Included In Our Backcountry Camps
- A camp host to greet you and maintain camp.
- A cozy bed in a dual occupancy canvas walled tent (2 people per tent typically)
- Three meals a day when in the mountains. Includes a hot breakfast and dinner prepared by the host, and self prepared and packed lunches for on the trails. A packed lunch prepared by Tyax Adventures is also included on your first day.
- Filtered water to fill your hydration packs and bottles.
- Sleeping bags, sleeping pad/mattresses, and pillows.
- Fleece jackets to help keep you warm in the evenings.
- Crocs footwear to wear while in and around camp.
- Outdoor hot showers with soap.
- An outdoor pit toilet that is basic in nature but fully stocked
- If ordered and paid for more than 30-days in advance – beer, wine and/or cider.
- The opportunity to dry out wet clothes and/or shoes, with a wood fired stove
At Spruce Camp only, take advantage of our 3 fishing boats to head out onto the lake for some of the best fishing in the park. A fishing licence is mandatory.
What to Bring
A 20 to 30 litre pack as you need to carry the items below:
- A personal face mask.
- Daily lunch and snacks provided by Tyax Adventures.
- 2 to 3 litres of water daily.
PRO TIP – opportunity to fill from creeks/streams if do not wish to carry a lot of water
- Personal medications necessary – including tylenol and/or ibuprofen.
- Light weight and packable jacket that is ideally water proof/wind proof.
- Bear Spray and know how to use it (recommend 1 between 2 people)
- A change of riding/camp clothes as you deem necessary.
PRO TIP – wear the next days clothes in camp the night prior
PRO TIP – opportunity to wash clothes in nearby creeks and dry out overnight with wood fired stoves
- Personal toiletries (soap is provided, but not hair care products etc.)
PRO TIP – pack travel sized toothpaste, shampoo etc.-not full size
- Head lamp
- A sleeping bag liner/cotton sheet for in camp – see here
- A pillow case
- Small, packable camp towel (hot shower available) – see here
Optional Items (if space and weight permits)
- Collapsible poles if you typically run with them
- Light weight puffy jacket for in camp in the evenings (fleeces are provided)
- Hat/toque, tights for in camp in the evenings (depending on the time of year visiting)
- Phone or camera for photos
- Personal charging device for phone/camera
- Travel sized personal sunscreen and/or bug spray if feel necessary
Customize Your Trip
Here are a few added service offerings that can make your trip extra special! Please contact us to learn more about these custom opportunities.
- Accommodation at Tyax Lodge and Heliskiing
For those looking for a bit of luxury and indulgence, a night(s) at the lodge before or after your trip might be just what’s in order.
Despite the lodge being a completely separate business from us, Tyax Adventures, we can book nights there on your behalf if they have availability. Let us know if this interests you.
Price includes a complimentary buffet breakfast and full use of their facilities.
- Door to Door Flight Service
We are happy to pick you up with our DeHavilland Beaver float plane from a destination near you, and fly you directly to our base of operations on the shores of Tyaughton Lake. Saving you come significant drive time and offering you the opportunity to fly over alpine meadows and lakes, and past ancient glaciers.
Return flights from locations such as Vancouver International Airport, Whistler, Seattle, Tofino… and many more, are available. Please visit our charter flight page – click here – for options and pricing.
- Horse Support
Option for groups of 4 or more people only, and if horses are available to assist, at a cost of $50 per person, per day.
If required, remembering that our camps are well equipped and you can pack relatively (see above for recommendations), our team of horses can transport up to 20lbs of personal gear per person between your nightly accommodations.
- Premium Performance Apparel and Backpacks
As premium performance brands we couldn’t think of better partners to help elevate our guests experience.