- Your choice of a scenic floatplane flight to an Alpine lake to start your tour (floatplane departure from our Tyax Adventures base, on Tyaughton Lake) OR hike into the Chilcotin Park from the Tyax Adventures base with your guide.
- An experienced hiking guide to guide you through the backcountry trails on your wilderness hiking experience.
- A delicious packed lunch on day 1 – 7 of hiking. Includes Sandwich, piece of fruit and slice/muesli bar and/or baked energy snack (let us know if you have any allergies/dietary requirements as we’re happy to cater for these).Feel free to being any extra trail side snacks if there is anything in particular you like to carry on your hikes.
- A healthy, hearty and delicious dinner on nights 1 – 6 and Breakfast on days 2 – 7. These are freshly prepared by our backcountry camp hosts (let us know if you have any allergies,/dietary requirements as we’re happy to cater for these).
- 6 nights double occupancy accommodation in our backcountry camps (see below for details on our backcountry camps)
- Unbeatable mountain vistas and stories for a lifetime
What’s included when staying at our Backcountry camps:
- A camp host to set up and maintain camp.
- A cozy bed in a dual occupancy canvas walled tent (2 people per tent typically)
- Three meals a day when in the mountains. Includes a hot breakfast and dinner prepared by the host, and self prepared and packed lunches for on the trails. A packed lunch prepared by Tyax Adventures is also included on your first day.
- Filtered water to fill your hydration packs and bottles.
- Sleeping bags, sleeping pad/mattresses, and pillows.
- Fleece jackets to help keep you warm in the evenings.
- Crocs footwear to wear while in and around camp.
- Outdoor hot showers with soap.
- An outdoor pit toilet that is basic in nature but fully stocked
- If ordered and paid for in advance – beer, wine and/or cider. Alcohol must be pre-ordered at least 30 days in advance and will be waiting for you at your desired camp location.
- The opportunity to dry out wet clothes and/or shoes, with a wood fired stove (this means you can travel even lighter!)
At Eldorado Cabin, take advantage of our wood fired sauna to help relax tired trail muscles.
At Spruce Camp only, take advantage of our 3 fishing boats to head out onto the lake for some of the best fishing in the park. A fishing licence is mandatory.
What to Bring
A 30 to 40 litre pack as you need to carry the items below:
- A personal facemask
- Daily lunch and snacks provided by Tyax Adventures
- Hiking shoes or boots (water resistant is recommended)
- Hydration day pack capable of carrying 2 to 3 litres of water daily
- Light weight and packable jacket (ideally water proof/wind proof)
- Clothes to hike in
- Change of hiking/camp clothes as you deem necessary
- Hat/Toque for wearing against the elements
- Personal toiletries (soap is provided, but not hair care products etc.)
- Personal medications necessary – including tylenol and/or ibuprofen
- Sunscreen, Insect Repellent
- Head lamp
- Sleeping bag liner for in camp – see here
- Pillow case
- Light puffy jacket or appropriate insulation layers
- Small, packable camp towel (hot shower available) – see here
- Bear Spray and know how to use it (recommend 1 between 2 people minimum
- Utilize opportunities to fill from creeks/streams if do not wish to carry a lot of water
- Pack travel sized toothpaste, shampoo etc.-not full size
- Wear the next days hiking clothes in camp the night prior
- Wash clothes in nearby creeks and dry them out overnight with wood fired stoves
Optional Items (if space and weight permits)
- Trekking poles if you regularly use them
- Light weight puffy jacket for in camp in the evenings (fleeces are provided)
- Hat/toque, tights for in camp in the evenings (depending on the time of year visiting)
- Phone or camera for photos
- Personal charging device for phone/camera
- Travel sized personal sunscreen and/or bug spray if feel necessary
Customize Your Trip
Here are a few added service offerings that can make your trip extra special! Please contact us to learn more about these custom opportunities.
Full Gear Support
Enjoy your multi-day adventure without the burden of a heavy pack. Let our team of horses transport 20lbs of your personal gear to camp daily, so you can arrive at camp with more energy and coveted fresh personal items waiting.
Tyax Wilderness Resort & Spa rests on the shores of Tyaughton Lake on the border of the South Chilcotin Mountains Provincial Park. The Resort is our summer home base where our activity desk greets guests, and where our float plane docks. For those looking for a bit of luxury and indulgence, a night(s) at the resort before or after your adventure might be just what’s in order. Choose from amenities including full spa services, deluxe rooms, fine dining, lakeside recreation and bar service.
Door to Door Flight Service
We are happy to pick you up with our DeHavilland Beaver float plane from a destination near you, and fly you directly into the heart of the Chilcotin Mountains where the magic awaits. Return flights from locations such as Vancouver International Airport, Whistler, Seattle, Tofino… and many more, are available. Please visit our flight page for details.
Premium Performance Apparel
We have partnered with 7mesh apparel to provide our guides and guests with some of the world’s most specifically and thoughtfully designed mountain bike apparel. As a premium performance brand located in the Sea-to-Sky corridor we couldn’t think of a better partner to help elevate our guests experience when it comes to apparel comfort and performance. As a valued guest, we can help outfit you with the some of the best apparel for mountain biking available.