- A scenic floatplane flight to Warner Lake to start from our base, or any other destination-such as Whistler or Vancouver (at an additional cost).
- 2 full days of hiking multi use, historic, and at times rugged, backcountry trails.
- Experienced, friendly and professional guide/s.
- All healthy and nutritious meals from lunch on day 1 to lunch on day 2.
- 1-night double occupancy accommodation in a backcountry camp
- Unbeatable mountain vistas and stories for a lifetime
What’s included when staying at our backcountry camp:
- A camp host to greet you and maintain camp.
- A cozy bed in a dual occupancy canvas walled tent (2 people per tent typically)
- Three meals a day when in the mountains. Includes a hot breakfast and dinner prepared by the host, and self prepared and packed lunch for on the trails. A packed lunch prepared by Tyax Adventures is also included on your first day.
- Filtered water to fill your hydration packs and bottles.
- Sleeping bags, sleeping pad/mattresses, and pillows.
- Fleece jackets to help keep you warm in the evenings.
- Crocs footwear to wear while in and around camp.
- Outdoor hot showers with soap.
- An outdoor pit toilet that is basic in nature but fully stocked.
- If ordered and paid for more then 30 days in advance – beer, wine and/or cider.
- The opportunity to dry out wet clothes and/or shoes, with a wood fired stove
At Spruce Camp only, take advantage of our 3 fishing boats to head out onto the lake for some of the best fishing in the park. A fishing licence is mandatory.
What to Bring
A 30 to 40 litre pack as you need to carry the items below:
- A personal facemask
- Daily lunch and snacks provided by Tyax Adventures
- Hiking shoes or boots (water resistant is recommended)
- Hydration day pack capable of carrying 2 to 3 litres of water daily
- Light weight and packable jacket (ideally water proof/wind proof)
- Clothes to hike in
- Change of hiking/camp clothes as you deem necessary
- Hat/Toque for wearing against the elements
- Personal toiletries (soap is provided, but not hair care products etc.)
- Personal medications necessary – including tylenol and/or ibuprofen
- Sunscreen, Insect Repellent
- Head lamp
- Sleeping bag liner for in camp – see here
- Pillow case
- Light puffy jacket or appropriate insulation layers
- Small, packable camp towel (hot shower available) – see here
- Bear Spray and know how to use it (recommend 1 between 2 people minimum
- Utilize opportunities to fill from creeks/streams if do not wish to carry a lot of water
- Pack travel sized toothpaste, shampoo etc.-not full size
- Wear the next days hiking clothes in camp the night prior
- Wash clothes in nearby creeks and dry them out overnight with wood fired stoves
Optional Items (if space and weight permits)
- Trekking poles if you regularly use them
- Light weight puffy jacket for in camp in the evenings (fleeces are provided)
- Hat/toque, tights for in camp in the evenings (depending on the time of year visiting)
- Phone or camera for photos
- Personal charging device for phone/camera
- Travel sized personal sunscreen and/or bug spray if feel necessary
Day 1: Warner Lake to Spruce Camp
Stats: ~ 18 kms, + 117 m / – 404 m
From our base, you will begin your day with a scenic roughly 20-minute flight into beautiful Warner Lake located at 1,850 m.
From Warner Lake your group will hike approximately 18 kms of rolling, and at times gradually uphill, trails to our Spruce Camp.
You can expect to hike along rocky sections of trail that have some mild exposure and spectacular valley views, past the glacier fed Trigger and Hummingbird lakes, through grasslands and alpine meadows that are dotted with beautiful aspen groves and wildflowers (if in bloom), and along the shores of Spruce Lake. There are short to moderate uphill sections of trail over the day.
At the end of your first day you will arrive at our Spruce Camp. Here you can relax, fuel-up and enjoy some lake activities. Or do some additional small hikes close by if you desire.
Day 2: Spruce Camp to the valley (Gun Creek Road)
Stats: ~ 25 kms, + 145 m / – 864 m
From Spruce Lake your group will hike roughly 25 kms of rolling trail that gradually loses elevation back to the valley (but do expect some small uphills).
Shortly after departing camp you will arrive at an area of spectacular open sub alpine meadows filled with wildflowers (when in bloom) and aspen groves, which provide stunning views of the surrounding mountain ranges and the vast valley ahead of you. There are ample photo opportunity spots along this section of trail and take a moment here to really appreciate the true wilderness experience you are immersed in.
After descending gradually through the meadows, you will hike along the banks of Gun Creek for extended portions of time. Marvel at the power of the creek and enjoy the sounds of the running water. Notice a change in the terrain to a real mixture of volcanic ash and sand as you lose elevation and hike through the valley forest back to Gun Creek Road. Where our shuttle van will be waiting to transport you back to our base.
Customize Your Trip
Here are a few added service offerings that can make your trip extra special! Please contact us to learn more about these custom opportunities.
Accommodation at Tyax Lodge and Heli-skiing
For those looking for a bit of luxury and indulgence, a night(s) at the lodge before or after your tour might be just what’s in order.
Despite the lodge being a completely separate business from us, Tyax Adventures, we can book nights there on your behalf if they have availability. Let us know if this interests you.
Price includes a complimentary buffet breakfast and full use of their facilities.
Door to Door Flight Service
We are happy to pick you up with our DeHavilland Beaver float plane from a destination near you, and fly you directly to our base of operations on the shores of Tyaughton Lake. Saving you come significant drive time and offering you the opportunity to fly over alpine meadows and lakes, and past ancient glaciers.
Return flights from locations such as Vancouver International Airport, Whistler, Seattle, Tofino… and many more, are available. Please visit our charter flight page – click here – for options and pricing.
Premium Performance Apparel and Backpacks
As premium performance brands we couldn’t think of better partners to help elevate our guests experience.