es, particularly if you travel the trails/routes below.
Understand that to get into the alpine there typically will be some hike a bike required. A good base level of fitness (Level 2 to 3) is required, along with a readiness to commit to the adventure.
- Lorna Pass: 45 minutes to 1 hour of hike a bike
- Elbow Pass: 45 minutes to 1 hours of hike a bike
- Deer Pass: 90 minutes to 2 hours of hike a bike
- Windy Pass: 1 hour to 90 minutes of hike a bike
- Camels Pass: 20 to 30 minutes of hike a bike
- Eldorado Pass: 30 minutes to 45 minutes of hike a bike
- Cabin Pass: 30 to 45 minutes of hike a bike
But do not be intimidated by these numbers. A good level of fitness and attitude will help you reach the passes, and the rewards (views, the descent etc.) are ultimately worth it. One foot in front of the other, onwards and upwards.
Given the potential for sections of hike a bike, low cut, lightweight cross country style mountain bike shoes may not be the best footwear option.
We recommended bringing shoes that provide a good amount of ankle support, and that have a solid sole, for any sections of hike a bike. Check the condition of shoes before you arrive.