Guided Tour includes:
- A half day riding on the valley trails around our base of operations
- A full day ride that will begin with a floatplane flight from our base into an alpine lake
- A full day ride without a flight start – pedal from our base or a local trail head
- An experienced, friendly and professional mountain bike guide
- 2 nights double occupancy accommodation at Tyax Lodge and Heliskiing Resort (complimentary buffet breakfast included only)
- A delicious and nutritious packed lunch for days 2 and 3 – bring your own on day 1
- Vehicle shuttles as required
- Stories and experiences that will last a lifetime
What to bring
Essential Items – see picture here
A 20 litre pack at minimum as you need to carry the items below on your daily rides:
- A personal facemask
- Lunch and snacks – bring your own on Day 1, provided on Days 2 and 3
- 2 to 3 litres of water each day
- Typical trail side repair tools, a spare tube, any bike specific spare parts – such as derailleur hanger
- Personal medications necessary – including Tylenol and/or Ibuprofen
- Light weight and packable jacket that is ideally water proof/wind proof
- Bear Spray and know how to use it (recommend 1 between 2 people)
Optional Items (if space and weight permits)
- Phone or camera for photos
- A small travel size bottle of sunscreen and/or bug spray if feel necessary
Additional items to bring for your 2 nights stay at Tyax Lodge and Heliskiing
- Personal toiletries
- A change of riding clothes if you deem necessary
- Casual clothes for evenings at the lodge
Day 1: Half day ride on trails located in the valley totalling 3-5 hours
Stats: Expect to ride a total distance of ~ 15 – 25kms, and to climb/descend 400 – 700 m.
After meeting your guide/s you will spend the afternoon riding the best cross-country single track in the valley from our base of operations (bring your own lunch and/or snacks for the ride)
This day is focused on warming up the legs, exploring skill level, and ironing out any bike maintenance issues. The valley trails tend to be a mix of sand and ancient volcanic ash and will give you an initial and small taste of the breathtaking views and sublime single track you will experience over the next two days.
And remember, for every descent there must first come some physical effort. So be prepared to pedal up a little!
Day 2: Spruce Lake Main Trail, Gun Meadows, Gun Creek Trail to Gun Creek Road
Stats: ~25 kms, + 145 m / – 864 m
This remarkable single day adventure begins with a 15 minute flight from our base of operations into Spruce lake that sits on the edge of the alpine at 1500 meters.
From here your guide/s will lead you on a scenic roughly 25 km rolling single track cross country ride that includes sweeping downhills, scenic traverses, and short uphill pedals.
You can expect to travel through fields of wildflowers (if they are in bloom), open meadows that are dotted with aspen groves and that offer spectacular views , and along the banks of Gun Creek.
This ride will take you anywhere from 4 – 6 hours, and will end with a shuttle pickup that will bring you back to the resort.
Day 3: Option to pedal from a local trailhead into the alpine (Taylor Creek/Camels Pass), OR to pedal from our base and ride the trails in the valley
Stats: ~15 to 25 kms, (+ 930 m / – 950 m if choose to ride Taylor Creek/Camels Pass)
After checking out of your lodge room/s, you and your guide/s will meet and come up with a game plan for the day. There are some fun and different options to consider.
You could decide to pedal gradually into the sub alpine, and to do 30 to 45-minutes of hike a bike, to access and ride some classic Chilcotin single track back to our base. You could expect the day to involve roughly 950 metres of climbing total, and to be on the trails for between 5 to 7 hours.
Or you could choose to ride from our base and explore the trails in the valley. Although you can expect to have to do some climbing, your day will not involve 1000 metres of elevation gain and no hike a bike typically. You can let your guide know how long you would like to be on the trails for, and together you can work out a fun filled route.
Customize Your Trip
Here are a few added service offerings that can make your trip extra special! Please contact us to learn more about these custom opportunities.
Door to Door Flight Service
We are happy to pick you up with our DeHavilland Beaver float plane from a destination near you, and fly you directly to our base of operations on the shores of Tyaughton Lake. Saving you come significant drive time and offering you the opportunity to fly over alpine meadows and lakes, and past ancient glaciers.
Return flights from locations such as Vancouver International Airport, Whistler, Seattle, Tofino… and many more, are available. Please visit our charter flight page – click here – for options and pricing.
Premium Performance Apparel
We have partnered with 7mesh apparel and Osprey Packs to provide our guides and guests with some of the world’s most specifically and thoughtfully designed mountain bike apparel and backpacks available.
As premium performance brands we couldn’t think of better partners to help elevate our guests experience when it comes to mountain biking apparel and backpacks