- Your choice of a scenic floatplane flight to Warner Lake to start your tour (from our base, or any other destination-such as Whistler or Vancouver) OR peddle into the park from a local trail head.
- 2 full days of riding backcountry, at times challenging – but always fun – single track
- Some potential for hike a bike, depending ultimately on route taken on day 2 – see FAQ’s below.
- An experienced, friendly and professional mountain bike guide.
- All healthy and nutritious meals from lunch on day 1 to lunch on day 3. Includes cooked dinner and breakfast when staying in our camps, and supplies to make your own lunch for on the trail’s day 2 and 3. You will be provided with a pre made lunch on day 1.
- 1-night double occupancy accommodation in a backcountry camp
- Unbeatable mountain vistas and stories for a lifetime
What’s included when staying at our Backcountry camps:
- A camp host to set up and maintain camp.
- A cozy bed in a dual occupancy canvas walled tent (2 people per tent typically)
- Three meals a day when in the mountains. Includes a hot breakfast and dinner prepared by the host, and self prepared and packed lunches for on the trails. A packed lunch prepared by Tyax Adventures is also included on your first day.
- Filtered water to fill your hydration packs and bottles.
- Sleeping bags, sleeping pad/mattresses, and pillows.
- Fleece jackets to help keep you warm in the evenings.
- Crocs footwear to wear while in and around camp.
- Outdoor hot showers with soap.
- An outdoor pit toilet that is basic in nature but fully stocked
- If ordered and paid for in advance – beer, wine and/or cider. Alcohol must be pre-ordered at least 30 days in advance and will be waiting for you at your desired camp location.
- The opportunity to dry out wet clothes and/or shoes, with a wood fired stove (this means you can travel even lighter!)
At Spruce Camp only, take advantage of our 3 fishing boats to head out onto the lake for some of the best fishing in the park. A fishing licence is mandatory.
What to bring
Essential Items –see picture here
A 30 to 40 litre pack as you need to carry the items below:
- Lunch, snacks provided by Tyax Adventures and 2 to 3 litres of water daily.
PRO TIP – opportunity to fill from creeks/streams if do not wish to carry a lot of water
- Typical trail side repair tools, a spare tube, any bike specific spare parts – such as derailleur hanger
- Personal medications necessary – including tylenol and/or ibuprofen
- Light weight and packable jacket that is ideally water proof/wind proof
- Bear Spray
- A change of riding/camp clothes as you deem necessary.
PRO TIP – wear the next days riding clothes in camp the night prior
PRO TIP – opportunity to wash cloths in nearby creeks and dry out overnight with wood fired stoves
- Personal toiletries (soap is provided, but not hair care products etc.)
PRO TIP – pack travel sized toothpaste, shampoo etc.-not full size
- Head lamp
- A sleeping bag liner/cotton sheet for in camp – see here
- A pillow case
- Small, packable camp towel (hot shower available) – see here
Optional Items (if space and weight permits)
- Light weight puffy jacket for in camp in the evenings (fleeces are provided)
- Hat/toque, tights for in camp in the evenings (depending on the time of year visiting)
- Phone or camera for photos
- Personal charging device for phone/camera
- Travel sized personal sunscreen and/or bug spray if feel necessary
Day 1: Warner Lake to Spruce Lake
From our base, you will begin your day with a scenic roughly 20 minute flight into beautiful Warner Lake located at 1,850 m.
From Warner Lake your group will ride approximately 18 kms of rolling, and at times technical, single-track to our Spruce Camp.
You can expect to ride along rocky sections of trail that have some mild exposure and spectacular valley views, past the glacier fed Trigger and Hummingbird lakes, through grasslands and alpine meadows that are dotted with beautiful aspen groves and wildflowers (if they are in bloom), and along the shores of Spruce Lake. There are short to moderate uphill sections over the day, but you are typically rewarded with some nice rolling sections of trail after them.
Your first day of pedaling will deliver you to the comforts of our Spruce Camp. Where you can relax, fuel-up and enjoy some lake activities or do some additional riding close by if you desire.
Day 2: Spruce Lake to Gun Creek Road
Stats: ~ 25 kms, + 145 m / – 864 m, 3- 6 hours
From Spruce Lake your group will ride roughly 25 kms of rolling, and at times technical, classic Chilcotin single track back to the valley.
You can expect to ride next to Spruce Lake before entering wide open grasslands and meadows that are dotted with beautiful aspen groves and wildflowers (if they are in bloom), along rocky, rooty and sandy sections of trail that can be challenging, and next to Gun Creek. The day will be filled with sweeping downhills, scenic traverses, and short uphill pedals. Before arriving back in the valley, where out van will meet you and shuttle you back to our base.
Customize Your Trip
Here are a few added service offerings that can make your trip extra special! Please contact us to learn more about these custom opportunities.
- Accommodation at Tyax Lodge and Heliskiing
For those looking for a bit of luxury and indulgence, a night(s) at the lodge before or after your trip might be just what’s in order.
Despite the lodge being a completely separate business from us, Tyax Adventures, we can book nights there on your behalf if they have availability. Let us know if this interests you.
Price includes a complimentary buffet breakfast and full use of their facilities.
- Door to Door Flight Service
We are happy to pick you up with our DeHavilland Beaver float plane from a destination near you, and fly you directly to our base of operations on the shores of Tyaughton Lake. Saving you come significant drive time and offering you the opportunity to fly over alpine meadows and lakes, and past ancient glaciers.
Return flights from locations such as Vancouver International Airport, Whistler, Seattle, Tofino… and many more, are available. Please visit our charter flight page – click here – for options and pricing.
- Premium Performance Apparel and Backpacks
We have partnered with 7mesh apparel and Osprey Packs to provide our guides and guests with some of the world’s most specifically and thoughtfully designed mountain bike apparel and backpacks available.
As premium performance brands we couldn’t think of better partners to help elevate our guests experience when it comes to mountain biking apparel and backpacks.