Sky Camp & Cabin
For years we struggled to find a place that could match our expectations of a beautiful, private hideaway. Nothing met our expectations, until we discovered Crystal Lake, a picture perfect alpine lake set deep in the mountains of British Columbia. We spent countless hours learning the wind, ways and microclimates of the shoreline, and then picked the most idyllic spot on the lake. In 2004/2005, logs were cut, foot and bicycle paths were created, and the main cabin and tent decks were constructed; all surrounded by an intoxicating beauty. The fruits of our labour are now yours to enjoy with the added bonus of creature comforts and amenities including solar power, hot showers, running water and a complete kitchen.
Sky Camp Guided & Catered Package: Just the right mix of adventure and comfort. With the fully guided package, each day our camp’s expert guides lead you on inspiring adventures including a variety of hikes (e.g. climbing Mt. McClure), biking, kayaking, canoeing, bird and animal watching, fishing or just relaxing. While back at camp our chef prepares culinary delights for your return.
- 2 Days 1 night: $750 per person (based on 4-8 people). Group of 2-3, $1300 per person.
3 Days 2 nights: $1050 per person (based on 4-8 people). Group of 2-3, $1700 per person.
4 Days 3 nights: $1365 per person (based on 4-8 people). Group of 2-3, $2100 per person.
Pricing includes: Flights into and out of Sky Camp from Tyax Resort (direct flights from Vancouver or Whistler available), accommodation at Sky Camp, meals at Sky Camp, guide & camp host to help you enjoy your stay, daily activities, use of canoes, kayaks & fishing equipment at Sky Camp, and a guaranteed remote getaway – no cell phone service!
Sky Camp Catered Package: Enjoy the beauty of this remote location and discovering all it has to offer on you own. However, indulge in a bit of luxury by having a camp host/cook prepare all your meals while also keeping camp running smoothly.
- $210.00 per person/per night
Pricing includes: prepared meals, all accommodation and use of recreational equipment. 2 night minimum & 4 person minimum. (Chartered flight must be booked in addition to this package.)
- Chartered Return Flight Pricing for 4/5 people:
Tyax Resort to/from Sky Camp: $1872.00
Whistler to/from Sky Camp: $3186.00
Vancouver to/from Sky Camp: $5418.00
Sample Camp Menu
This is a peek at some of the menu items you can expect while at our backcountry camps. We pride ourselves on serving hearty, healthy, home-made delicious meals from the comfort of our camp kitchens. Please know that our camp menus will be catered to meet the needs of dietary restrictions, and this information will be attained during the booking process.
Oats w/ assorted toppings including maple syrup, brown sugar, dried fruit, nuts and fresh fruit compote
Eggs served w/sausage, bacon and potatoes
Pancakes served w/ bacon, fresh fruit, and maple syrup
Fresh brewed coffee, tea and juice
Multigrain bread/wrap prepared with meat, cheese, veggies, hummus ….
Sports bar, fresh baked good, pepperoni and nuts
Warm 7-layer mexi dip served with chips and hydrating fruit drink
Charcuterie plate served with assorted breads and crackers and hydrating fruit drink
Homemade chili and cornbread served with green salad and finished with chocolate decadence for dessert
Lentil curry with rice served with a speciality salad and homemade baked desert
Salmon with lemon dill sauce, roasted potatoes and salad finished with fresh fruit pie
(Beer, Wine and Soda can also be purchased to enjoy at each camp. Drink orders must be placed upon booking.)
Single day adventure:
- Rain Jacket/ wind layer – depending on the weather
- Shorts (and Chamois for biking)
- Merino or synthetic bottom layer (weather dependent)
- Merino or synthetic short sleeve shirt
- Merino or synthetic long sleeve shirt
- Extra insulation layer – weather dependent
- Hat/Toque for wearing against the elements
- Hydration Day pack. Must be large enough to fit a lunch/snacks and personal items
- Bear Spray
- Helmet (not full face) for biking or hiking poles depending on tour
- Sunglasses – photochromic preferred
- Personal Medication/Toiletries
Multi day tour:
- All items necessary for single day adventure
- Sleeping Bag Liner and pillow case (Sleeping bags supplied)
- Light Puffy Jacket or appropriate insulation layers
- Change of clothes and sleep wear as desired (clean chamois, shirt, socks)
- Camp Towel (light travel towel)
- Personal Toiletries/Medications
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Hat/Toque for wearing against elements and sleeping
Please remember to advise us of any food allergies or health concerns that we should know about. Due to our remote camp locations it is important to provide this information before your trip.
What’s Included when staying in our backcountry camps:
- A camp host to set up and maintain camp.
- A cozy bed in our backcountry camps (indoor cabin available at Eldorado, wall tents in all other camps)
- 3 meals including a hot dinner and a hot breakfast prepared by our camp host, and a packed lunch for the trail.
- Safe filtered or treated water is available in camps to fill your hydration packs and bottles.
- Sleeping bag & sleeping pad, pack only a sleeping bag liner or sheet.
- Fleece jackets to help keep you warm in the evenings.
- Crocs footwear to wear while in camp.
- Outdoor showers with biodegradable soap available in our 3 main camps (Spruce, Eldorado, Bear Paw).
*At Spruce Lake camp only; take advantage of our 3 fishing boats to head out onto the lake for some of the best fishing in the park.
**At Eldorado Cabin only; soothe your tired muscles in the wood-fired sauna after a long day on the trails.
“Our camp host prepared fresh healthy meals that we enjoyed at the long table in the log cabin by the wood stove. A perfect setting for mastermind sessions, reflections and idea sharing.”
” Sky Camp, only 1 way to describe it – awesome! Everything we wanted and hoped for – and a little more. We now want no-one ( selfishly for us) to discover it!”