Eldorado Cabin – Winter
The snow is the deepest in the Eldorado basin from December to April during which time you will find certain delight in your winter recreational adventures! The remote location, combined with vast untouched snowy slopes and the comfort of a warm and fully stocked cabin, is not to be missed. The Cabin is a coveted winter retreat so please book now to reserve your desired dates; winter bookings begin in May!
Location: Eldorado Basin
Price: $275 per night for four guests, plus $20.00 per night for each additional person (price does not include tax.)
- Our Cabin sleeps 9 with 6 single bunks and room for 3 in the loft – all equipped with foam pads.
- There are sleeping bags provided in the cabin for your use. Please bring your own sleeping bag liners if you wish to use our bags.
- Inside the cabin you’ll find a wood stove with stocked firewood, a propane cooking stove with propane, and solar powered 12v lights with propane back up lights.
- The kitchen is stocked with all dishes, pot & pans, utensils, soap etc.
- Hot showers with biodegradable soap
- Wood fired sauna to help relax tired trail muscles
- There is a Satellite Phone and a Cascade rescue toboggan at the cabin in case of emergency.
For 2018 we have made some upgrades to the cabin roof, insulation, ventilation and firewood stocks.
The solar power at the cabin is provided for exclusive use for the lights and charging of the SAT phone provided. There is not enough power to charge personal devices. You must bring your own spare battery or personal portable charger if you will need to charge devices.
Air: Helicopter transportation into the cabin from Tyax Wilderness Resort & Spa using TLH Heliskiing’s Helicopters:
Available on specific dates only.
- Bell 212 with a capacity of 2300 lbs. (approximately 8 pax & gear) Price: $1650.00 per load.
- For flights into Eldorado, clients will need to be at Tyax Resort to sign waivers and get loaded no later than 1.5 hours prior to the approximate departure time. Flights into or out of the Eldorado Cabin are typically arranged after the TLH heliski program is done for the day, anywhere between 2pm and 5pm – daylight dependent. If the helicopter cannot fly due to weather concerns, guests will have the option of either trying again the following afternoon or ski touring in
- In the situation you may have to attempt flight the following afternoon you are responsible for arranging and paying for your own accommodation for the night.
Ski tour in/out: Depending on the conditions, and if the trail has been broken, the ski OUT can take as little as 2 hours or less, the ski in takes approximately 4-6 hours. The ski-in/out route is approximately 9km with approximately 1000m elevation gain in. (rough estimates).
Pre-trip accommodations: There are several options in the Bridge River Valley, please visit; http://www.bridgerivervalley.ca/winterstay/index.html for more information.
“Thank you for everything from the organization to execution. Your team nailed it!”
“That’s my dream right here!”