Horseback Ride – 1 Hour
Mount up and ride along the banks of Tyaughton Lake through forested trails where you will enjoy the local flora and fauna. Our friendly wranglers will help you navigate your horse safely providing tips for beginners and pointing out all the sights along the way.
This Adventure begins and ends at Tyax Resort.
Distance: 5 km
Riding Ability: Beginner/ Novice
Price: $65 per person
Find Your Skill Level
- Beginner – You have limited riding experience and perhaps have never ridden a horse before but are keen to try. A 1 or 2 hour ride is plenty long.
- Novice – Perhaps you have ridden a horse before and know that you are able to mount and dismount unassisted. You are comfortable and feel in control while your horse is walking and maybe even during short trots. You are comfortable on a horse for 3 to 4 hours.
- Intermediate – You have a firm and confident seat on your horse and feel comfortable while trotting and maybe even while cantering and galloping short distances. You are comfortable on a horse for 6 to 7 hours, but perhaps don’t ride regularly.
- Advanced – You are very comfortable on a horse at all paces, and perhaps can handle a spirited horse in open country. You are comfortable riding all day.
* Trail riding with us involves slow speeds and walking. Faster paces should not be expected.
“It is a majestic area to travel through – one which I think you could only really appreciate on foot, horseback or bike.”
“We had an amazing trip!! Thank you so much for all your help in planning our adventure. All the staff at Tyax are top notch:)”